Subject: [Leica] M2 questions
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Thu Feb 3 08:30:13 2005

It can be done, but here are a few points you may want to consider.

a) it's an expensive modification, running a good $350 dollars.

b) It's borderline blasphemy, since the M2 has one of the best
viewfinders
Leica ever made. It doesn't flare and has the more accurate, larger
frame
lines (they got smaller from the M6 on)

c) The field of view of a 28 basically fills the entire viewfinder.
That's how people
used to shoot a 28 in the pre M4-p/M6 days and it works very well. If
you take a
look at the 28 framelines on a M6, that's what you will notice. They
are so close to
the edge of the viewport, that you can almost not see them.

So, in short I don't think it's a terribly practical modification. It's
not a cheap to do and you
will be destroying a really nice piece of gear. Can you sell the camera
and get an M6,
instead? Try shooting the 28, by framing with the whole viewfinder.

feli

feli2@earthlink.net                     2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com

Replies: Reply from ferider at yahoo.com (Der Eiserne Reiter) ([Leica] M2 questions)