Subject: [Leica] Good things to say about Kodak's EasyShare CD
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Thu Feb 3 12:36:37 2005

Dear Colleagues,

Kodak's EasyShare CD system for processing 35mm film that simultaneously
furnishes negs, prints, two index prints, and a CD containing both images
and
basic editing software (longterm storage implicit) all in a $13 package, I
found
very practical. The software works well for both Windows from Pentium II and
Mac X. The labeled documentation on the CD is excellent.

So, if you want an efficient interface between film and digital, we have it
without working hard. The resolution of the CD images is about 256 KB, jpg.
used a Nikon F with a 135mm fixed lens to shoot a construction job. We'll
use
the images in newsletters and for city records.

I'm not sure whether the CD can be read well without the software install. I
got mixed results with my aged 1997 Dell. The Mac required the software
install.

I found the package impressive. Whether Kodak will develop EasyShare for
higher resolutions on special order I don't know. But they finally got
something
right on State Street in Rochester. Regional processors all over country
offer
the CD. The card quality envelopes that protect the products are meant to
last
for generations.

Best,
Bob