Subject: [Leica] Re: craft project and a cookie
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Feb 6 06:21:34 2005

Eric offered:

ERIC said:
> I plead guilty.  I didn't have much of a choice for my location, but I
> sure
> could have waited for the background lady to clear out.  If I'm being
> honest...  I...uhm...err...didn't see her when I took the picture.  I was
> too intent on getting the expression I wanted and the position of the
> paintbrush to pay attention to what was going on in the background.  :)
> And
> I could have lowered my angle to hide the paper behind my daughter's head.

ted :
Don't feel bad, you have a number of buddies who do this every day! ;-) It's
the "rush to shoot the motivating moment!" Our eyes concentrate on the
subject and we just miss it the distracting elements. The question that I'm
sure each one on the list have asked, "What the heck was I looking at that I
didn't see that?" Whatever the intruding piece might be."

 >>Picture 3: Interesting because if you look carefully at your daughter's
eyes
>>it appears she's observing the boy on her left with peripheral vision as
>>though waiting to see what he's going to do. Or did.

ERIC :
> It's funny that you noticed that.  She was indeed watching him.  She had
> just set the glue down temporarily, and he came along to swipe it without
> so
> much as asking if she were done with it.  This was the 2nd time he did
> that,
> so she was wary.  :)  But I also agree that it's not one of the better
> ones.

ted :
I tried cropping the above in PS and even though it cuts a chunk out and
tight to the boys head it still has possiblities. But given it's not likely
people look close enough to read her eyes it's probably best to let it be.
As the selected 3 make a good combo with tight full in your face pictures..

Thanks Eric.
ted

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] craft project and a cookie)
Message from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] Re: craft project and a cookie)