Subject: [Leica] 75 'cron
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Feb 7 01:48:54 2005

On 2/6/05 9:50 PM, "Frank F. Farmer" <summicron@bellsouth.net> typed:

> Notwithstanding my latest response regarding the fact the some folks would
> like  smaller 75, BD
> makes a good point, in general.  However, either way, we still have to face
> the fact the Leica has
> customers unlike those of other companies - customers that will sink a
> great
> deal of cash into a Leica
> lens that is smaller than the 75 'lux - regardless of quality - just
> because
> it says "Leica."
>
> Frank

The Cosina Voigtl?nder 75 2.5 proved there was a market for a compact 75.
Leica has a tradition in having choices of speeds for each focal length.
Fast and slow.
If not fast medium and slow.

As they are charging lots of money like 250 bucks to have them leave the 75
framelines off your camera on that since they'll be loosing money because
people will be more included to leave them on.

Before I'd think in my dream camera to have them take it off.

But now that two 75's to choose from I'd be more included to just leave them
on. I'm just used to them.

Love finders which fit in the hot shoe though.

I'd get one for my 75 as well as my 50.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon