Subject: CC filters (was: Re: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 29, Issue 124)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Feb 7 01:58:24 2005

> It's 'cost free' if you shoot RAW, or rather, it doesn't matter what
> the camera is set at. When you convert it, import it, whatever, the
> software will show the file as it was 'tagged' by the camera
> software, but the info is the same no matter what parameters you set.
> Note that using filters with a digital camera doesn't really gain you
> as much as you might think, as you filter out some information that
> you don't want, and therefore relatively boost some other info.
> Photoshop, or rather Camera Raw, does similar things but you are not
> penalized as much w.r.t. shooting sensitivity.

Henning, If you were at a very high, like near top of mountain, say Mt. Hood
altitude where the sky is blue purple and the color temperature is way say
81c or D to correct I thought that cutting out that blue before it hits the
film could prevent a color cross over that you'd get by trying to correct it
later?!?

Not that color cross overs can not be dealt with in Photoshop.

But not by weekend Photoshop users! :)

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon