Subject: [Leica] Finally
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Tue Feb 8 17:59:55 2005

Well after six months Leica has finally gotten a replacement lens
(50/1.4A-M) to me. Out of the box there are no troubles with the
focusing action. Hallelujah!

However -- bearing in mind that I have contracted some sort of viral
plague that will soon ravage the planet and decimate* the population at
large; in short, I am not as fresh as a summer's breeze -- I do not
feel comforted by the resolution of this particular issue. That Leica
would take this long; nay, that Leica was powerless to come up with a
solution any sooner, gives you the impression that Leica is in a bit of
a mess right now. Hardly surprising I suppose but unsettling
none-the-less.

The reason I know Leica was unable to do anything before now is that my
occasional mild posts to this list on my missing lens were causing a
bit of a consternation at Leica HQ (verified by reliable sources). I
must confess that the last time I brought it up on list was for
precisely this effect a day or two before I called for yet another
update.

Though I am not particularly interested in digital myself, I feel that
the only solution is a proper M digital camera. This would give Leica a
hand up in that it would be the only camera out there with a decent
finder. Some of you may pooh pooh this but it is why I bought an M in
the first place and why I don't mind paying a healthy premium for all
my gear.

John Collier

* Only ten percent really, not that bad.

Replies: Reply from rhaightjr at yahoo.com (Bob Haight) ([Leica] Finally)
Reply from dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Finally)
Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] Finally)