Subject: [Leica] Which 35mm 'cron or 'lux?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu Feb 10 14:52:15 2005

My precise ( ???) testing says the 1.4 classic lens is NOT as good wide open
or at F2 as the Classic F2 lens.  Stopped down, I doubt there is little
difference... but I did not test this.  The F2 is a really good lens.

There is 1 issue I did not bring up.... the issue of lens clarity or haze.
Make sure that any lens you buy is CLEAR.  I am not talking about little
spots of dust, but rather the haze from the lubricants that comes with
lenses made in the 60 and 70's... roughly the serial number range of 2M to
2.6M.  Haze is possible to remove, but why bother when if you look a little
longer, you can find a clean lens......  Theses lenses are not
rare.....thgere are "millions" of them out there......

Erwin is a more precise tester, and more scientific.   But I do not know
what he said on this isue.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

I remember I have read on the Leica Lens book of Erwin Putts that NON ASPH
1,4 up to 5,6 is even better than Summicron NON ASPH, and that at f2 both
are similar, but maybe better the Summicron. Do you agree this opinion?

Saludos cordiales,
Luis

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] Which 35mm 'cron or 'lux?)