Subject: [Leica] Help with studio lighting: PAW 7
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Sun Feb 13 18:01:25 2005

>I have a complete set of chopsticks from Japan and none have square tips.
>they are rounded at the business end, and squared off, somewhat, at the
>decorative end.  OK, Karen, whats the scoop?

I haven't seen the chopsticks in question, but in general:

  *Japanese chopsticks are shorter (about 20-30cm), pointed on the end
that food goes, and square on the end that hands go. This prevents
them from rolling off the table. Wood or plastic.
  * Chinese chopsticks are much longer (about 30-45cm) and often
square from end to to end. Wood or plastic.
* Korean chopsticks are made of steel and are oval shaped, about 40 cm long.

Each country of course believes its variation of chopstick design is
ideal for culinary practices and that every other country must have
its head stuck in the ground.

Karen

Karen Nakamura
http://www.photoethnography.com/blog/