Subject: [Leica] Re: PAW 6 dlridings
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon Feb 14 03:47:06 2005

> This is where I'm really excited about what the digital revolution is
> bringing.  Shoot this on one of the latest digitals, run it through some
> noise removal software, and you'll have details without hardly any noise or
> grain shooting at 3200.  That just blows my mind.

Oh, I use digital a lot. But not for this kind of thing. I don't like the
mirror black-out. So it has less to do with "digital" than "slr". That's
kind of my take on digital all around. I think digital is just great, but
I don't work well with slr's.

I'm not real worried about shadow detail in these shots. These guys want a
mood, not an Ansel Adams portrait :)

Thanks for the take on Neopan 1600. I've never shot it at anything else
other than 1600. I'm trying to get my hands on some Tmax 3200 or Delta
3200 for the next session. I'm hoping one of those and Xtol will give me a
good compromise.

Best,
Daniel

Message from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] Re: PAW 6 dlridings)