Subject: [Leica] Leica Solms reports ... now new equipment survey
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Fri Feb 18 00:24:38 2005

I think the real market for Leica cameras is tiny. Such a small market
gives no chance of expensive R&D or tooling investment. The digital
backs will be probably essential. Any other redesign or increase in
spec to be similar to existing products will just drain the company,
not make it more competitive. I like my Leica as it is for film. I will
probably buy R digital and M digital cameras.
Leica would have been dead earlier if all they made was an expensive
exquisitely made alternative to one of the mass production behemoth's
products, as many LUG pundits would have had them doing.
Leica may disappear anyway, I hope not. Thankfully the LUG pundits are
not managing Leica, otherwise it would not have lasted this long.
Frank