Subject: [Leica] Re: PAW5
From: masonster at gmail.com (David Mason)
Date: Fri Feb 18 18:59:11 2005

Certainly not the best B.D. shot I have ever seen - but then you've
set the bar very high for yourself.

Here's what I like: so there are always the compositional things to
think about when taking a photo - thirds rule, etc. The one that I
always find myself returning to (and I always thank my photo mentor
for pointing out to me) is the use of triangles in framing - that is
using the subject and its surrounding to frame the triangles not some
off triangular viewfinder. Well - this shot is chock full of them...
plus other cool framing elements.

Here's what I don't like: it looks like a "from the hip" shot. While
we usually put quotes around that phrase, I would now like to retract
them for this note. This shot appears as though it literally was taken
from the hip and lacks the personal qualities I love from B.D. shots.

Nonetheless, I probably couldn't have done it as well :) Its a good
from-the-hip shot.

Dave

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Re: PAW5)
Message from feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli) ([Leica] Re: PAW5)