Subject: [Leica] Morgans
From: lambroving at worldnet.att.net (William G. Lamb, III)
Date: Fri Feb 18 20:56:49 2005

Joseph,

Hot diggity! I'm not the only Plus 8 owner here! :-)

Mine's a 1998 as well, but I only waited three years. The allocation for
the Far East must have been the culprit. Do you have a 3.9 or 4.6?
At least waiting all that time, you got a car with stainless valances
and bulkhead, and all the Superform alloy wings. The long-door is
a much better car than a 1990.

John (Collier),

Morgan is doing quite well today after a couple of years fighting with
the debt service on the new Aero 8 assembly building. The "new"
traditional V-6 Roadster, replacement of the Plus 8, has filled the
order books and saved the day. The Aero 8 shop is now being
used for final assembly of both cars.

ON topic, you could say that Morgan has survived precisely because
it does not chase trends, but concentrates on what it does best and
what others can't. In spite of the pundits here, Leica may do best by
following a similar path.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/album25/LUG4?full=1>

William

Replies: Reply from alal at duke.poly.edu (A. Lal) ([Leica] Morgans)