Subject: [Leica] Leica Lens, Canon ( or Nikon ) Body questions
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Feb 19 10:52:30 2005

Frank Filippone asked::
 >> OK, you use the hybrid combo noted.  I am curious as to how you use
>> the iris control, as the adapters d not allow for auto diaphragm
>> control....... The lens must be used in the manual mode ( you must
>> manually set the iris ring from wide open to the F-Stop you wish for
>> every shot).. or not, depending on your personal taste......<<<

Hi Frank,
If I can see the image clear enough stopped down, obviously not as bright as
the R8 viewfinder, but clear enough to focus accurately, I'm stopped down
and shooting. Stopped down to f8.0 outdoors it's pretty good. Indoors most
of the time I'm wide open or nearly so.

Because if you focus wide open, then stop down looking away from the action
you can miss the peak moment of whatever it is..... unless it's a rock, fern
or peeling paint. Then you can take a week. ;-)

ted

Message from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Leica Lens, Canon ( or Nikon ) Body questions)