Subject: [Leica] Re: quiet M7
From: Summicron1 at aol.com (Summicron1@aol.com)
Date: Sun Feb 20 07:08:14 2005

First time I handled and fired an M7 I thought the thing was broken, it is
SO
quiet -- no mechanics and a cloth focal plane shutter equals VERY quiet
indeed.

I have a 2.8 planar rolleiflex and I think the 3.5 models are much quieter
because the shutter is smaller and you're throwing less metal around, but I
think the M7 is about as quiet, if not more so.

Possibly the quietest ccameras around is some of the older rangefinder
cameras, such as a very early ricohs, which use a blade shutter like the
Rollei.
Some of those are near silent.

c trentelman

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Re: quiet M7)