Subject: [Leica] THE GATES in Central Park
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Mon Feb 21 13:13:06 2005

The Cristo "wrapping" of Central Park with gates drew a large crowd
last Saturday.  Here are a few pix from the day.  All were made with
my M7 on Royal Supra 400 with the camera on Auto.  Trying to relate
to something so large was difficult so I focused on people and
details for the most part.

Everyone was taking pictures.  I must have 40 shots of cameras held
at arms length.  I hardly ever saw anyone using his viewfinder.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/GATES/1_9A_0141_web.

And a few shots of the exhibit.  Warning:  Orange overload follows.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/GATES/3_4A_0071_web

http://gallery.leica-users.org/GATES/3_9A_0066_web

http://gallery.leica-users.org/GATES/1_13A_0137_web

and a "leica-pan" shot:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/GATES/2_9A_0086_web.

I reported on the unusual numbers of Leicas seen in the Park a couple
of days ago.  Here is the most unusual camera I saw:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/GATES/3_13A_0062_web.

We spoke briefly.  It's a 360-degree video system and he was walking
through the exhibit to document it.  Hope his feet hold out.  The
exhibit is 23 miles long.  Sorry I wasn't able to find out more about
his project and who he is.

I'll  probably post a few more shots later.  There are another six or
so I'd like to put up from the exhibit and about the same number from
my visit to the Met.  Stay tuned.

Comments encouraged.  Many thanks.
--
Regards,