Subject: [Leica] Some nature shots at last ...
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Mon Feb 21 14:43:36 2005

Thanks Doug, Lee.  Its funny how a grown man can get all jittery when
the creature he's been trying to photograph for some time finally lands
in just the right spot in just the right light, with the wind right and
camera working properly.  As you know, most times it doesn't work.
Last Saturday I set up my infra red trigger system and R8 with 100 AME
next to the puddle on the rock.  After watching many birds take their
own picture from some distance away I went to check the flash.  A
thornbill came for a drink as I was right there.  The camera fired and
I heard the dreaded sound of the motor drive tearing through the film's
torn sprocket holes.  I discovered that the camera hadn't advanced all
morning - all those shots were taken on the one frame!

So it is good when everything works - gear, weather, critters, ... me.
  ;-)

Rick.