Subject: [Leica] #043
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon Feb 21 20:55:42 2005

For those of us who do not live in England, Australia and the Indian
subcontinent, it has always been a mystery how anyone can get excited
about a sport in which a game can last 5 days and still end in a draw!
Come to think of it, many of my English friends do not understand it
either ;-) This is a case where the American version of the game, aka
baseball, is much more exciting, which is not saying much.

Now, rugby is an entirely different matter. For those of you in the
Western hemisphere, you should really check it out on ESPN 3 or wherever
it might be shown. It is much better than American football, and for the
woman in your life too--my wife often comments on the scantily dressed,
muscular rugby players who compare favourably to their counterparts in
American football who are bundled up, helmeted, or weigh 320 lbs.

Nathan