Subject: [Leica] LEICA could be clever
From: summicron at bellsouth.net (Frank F. Farmer)
Date: Wed Feb 23 08:34:35 2005

Well, here's hoping they don't have to kill anything off.  Perhaps it is
wishfull thinking - but it is my hope all the same.  I don't see myself
sticking with film unless I'm using Leicas because that is what I like.  I
also like having my warranties serviced!  I suppose, if there is no new
equipment available, I'll be spending my new equipment case on Canon digital
slr's and just be happy with the small Leica setup I have.  Of course,
neither my new equip. fund nor my used equip. fund will fully finance the
wish list!  : -(

Sadly, I think Leica is a long way off from a digital m.  They have always
been behind on digital - I base that on my first ever Leica purchase (one I
forgot about in my post the other day):  a Leica Digilux Zoom.  2.4
megapixels WITHOUT a USB connection.  Those images don't exctly fly to the
computer using a serial cable!  Oh well.  It is still good for putting
things on e-bay.  ;-)

Frank