Subject: [Leica] LEICA could be clever
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Feb 23 17:52:01 2005

I'd like to suggest, Chris, that getting looked at or not looked at when
taking pictures has to do with what you do with the camera, not how
large or small the camera is - unless we're talking about a film SLR
with a screaming motor drive and a big honker of a zoom. :-)

What people tend to see is not the camera, but the movement of the
camera. If you put the camera up to your face, and keep it there as you
watch your subject, shoot, watch your subject, rather than keep raising
and lowering the camera, it doesn't matter if you're using a Leica M or
a Canon EOS1D. And as to the noise - there's little if any difference
between an M and an Olympus E-1 DSLR, and I doubt if there is with most
Nikons and Canons.

BUT - if what you're most comfortable with an M, use it! :-)