Subject: [Leica] Leica M still has it
From: drodgers7798 at comcast.net (David Rodgers)
Date: Sat Feb 26 17:47:56 2005

I took a Leica M to a party last night. First time I'd used one in a
while. The lighting wasn't great. I wanted to use my 50/1.4 with fast
film. The battery was dead in my M6 so I settled on my M3 and a Luna Pro F.

I'd forgotton what it was like to be able to photograph people with
their hardly noticing. Even standing in a small group taking part in the
conversation, I could photograph incognito, as long as I wasn't shooting
while talking. Had I used a DSLR people would have been on their guard
and no way could I have taken the shots I did. I expected the usual
camerashyness but it was totally absent. To the point of being surreal.

No wonder rangefinders have been so popular for so many years. Amazing,
too, that my 50-year old M3 worked like a charm, even though I hadn't
touched it in 4 years.

DaveR

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Leica M still has it)
Reply from michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] Leica M still has it)