Subject: [Leica] Leica M still has it
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Sat Feb 26 17:54:27 2005

David Rodgers wrote:
> I took a Leica M to a party last night. First time I'd used one in a
> while. The lighting wasn't great. I wanted to use my 50/1.4 with fast
> film. The battery was dead in my M6 so I settled on my M3 and a Luna Pro F.
>
> I'd forgotton what it was like to be able to photograph people with
> their hardly noticing. Even standing in a small group taking part in the
> conversation, I could photograph incognito, as long as I wasn't shooting
> while talking. Had I used a DSLR people would have been on their guard
> and no way could I have taken the shots I did. I expected the usual
> camerashyness but it was totally absent. To the point of being surreal.
>
> No wonder rangefinders have been so popular for so many years. Amazing,
> too, that my 50-year old M3 worked like a charm, even though I hadn't
> touched it in 4 years.
>
> DaveR

Hi,

I had the same experience this evening. People only 1 meter away didn't
notice me taking a picture. I used a 28mm, so i had to be close but with
1600 asa no flash was needed. Estimate exposure and focus, it only takes
a split second to take the picture.

Michiel

Message from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] A day in the country)
Message from drodgers7798 at comcast.net (David Rodgers) ([Leica] Leica M still has it)