Subject: [Leica] Peter Klien's Second Shot
From: amr3 at alpha1.csd.uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Mon Feb 28 10:58:19 2005

> Sun, 27 Feb 2005 11:05:04 -0800
> From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
> Subject: [Leica] Speaking of Street Photography

> Here's another one, this time on Boylston Street right across from Copley
> Square and Trinity Church.  The worker was building the reviewing stand for
> April 19th (Patriot's Day) parade.  This time I knew it was all about
> composition, the idea of a "framer" framed by his own handiwork.

> http://users.2alpha.com/~pklein/oldpics/framer.htm

What I like about this shot is the similar, reversed shape of the man in
the church window on the left.  I think your subconscious noticed and made
you take the picture.  I used to find surprises like this in my street
shooting all the time.  I wouldn't know why I took a shot until later, so
after a while I got comfortable letting my gut determine the pictures.

Alan

Alan Magayne-Roshak
Senior Photographer
Visual Imaging