Subject: [Leica] Peter Klein's Second Shot
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Mon Feb 28 18:16:51 2005

This has happened to me on occasion.  When it has, I inevitably
recall excitement when I was shooting even though I could not
pinpoint the reason at the time.  I vote for subconscious, though I
suppose sometimes it is just dumb luck, too.  It's like getting in
the flow when you're writing.  The words just pour out sometimes and
it's then that you're generally at your best. (Though, of course,
careful editing later is essential.)  Write hot, revise cool.

>This raises the very interesting question of what we 'see' when we
>shoot, and on what level of consciousness we see it. We've probably all
>had the experience of looking at a contact sheet - or group of digital
>images - and seeing a really great shot that we didn't recall was that
>great. So did we subconsciously see the elements in it, and is that why
>we shot it? Or are those shots pure dumb luck? I tend to vote for the
>former, rather than the latter - but why wouldn't I? :-)

(snip)
--
Regards,

Dick