Subject: [Leica] A look back
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue Mar 1 20:42:04 2005

Douglas,

I think in the scheme of things Leica's travails are small beer right
now. There are so many other big stories in the German economy right
now: the Hartz reforms, the rise in unemployment in January and
February, the attempts by Deutsche B?rse to take over the LSE etc. In
all this, the story of financial problems at what is essentially an SME
in Hessen is not that big a deal. To us it is, but to the average
newspaper reader those other stories are much more important.

Nathan