Subject: [Leica] Multiple Bodies
From: paul at paulhardycarter.com (Paul)
Date: Wed Mar 2 13:21:17 2005

Interestingly, and to contradict what I said earlier about one lens
(which was true at the time!), today I bought an M7 with a 50/2.8

My usual mount is an M6 TTL with a 50/1.4

The reasons for the second body are twofold. Firstly, I was a long way
from home last month - in the Danube Delta on the Black Sea coast of
Romania - when the M6 shutter gave up the will to live. Since the only
reason I was there was photographic, I had to turn around and come home
- which was VERY ANNOYING, and made me realise that I had been very
complacent with my one camera policy thus far. So, an extra body for
security.

Secondly, I always shoot in natural light, and I always shoot
monochrome. In future, the M6 will carry the 50/2.8 and Tri-X, for
outdoor work, and the M7 will have TMZ and the 50/1.4 for the indoor
and night time stuff.

I have to wait until I get back to Spain in a couple of weeks to pick
the new stuff up, but the M6 is working again now (thanks to the very
helpful people at the Leica Shop in Vienna) so I'm happy.

P.

PS: If you are ever in Vienna I highly recommend a visit to the Leica
Shop, and the attached Westlicht Leica museum and gallery.

*******
Paul Hardy Carter
www.paulhardycarter.com
*******