Subject: [Leica] Re: two bodies
From: Summicron1 at aol.com (Summicron1@aol.com)
Date: Wed Mar 2 16:35:50 2005

carrying two bodies just multiplies, as does extra lenses, the chances of
having the wrong lens/film/combo in front of your face at any given moment.

Having said that, I have had, for years, a CL and an M3 and recently bought
an M2. I rarely take them out in multiples, however, for the reason stated
above. I do switch them out -- the M3 because it is a workhorse and
magnificant
street shooter, the M2 because it's like new and a joy to use and has an
abrahamson winder that is handy at times, and the CL for travel, for which
it is
ideal. This is, of course, part practicality and part rationalization of
having so
many bodies -- really, a good photographer can get by very nicely with only
one camera body, although there is no requirement that you do so, especially
if
other options are presented.

Taking only one camera at a time does solve the problem of having the wrong
camera in front of me, but not the problem of having the wrong lens on the
camera. This i deal with by leaving the rest of the lenses at home or
carrying, at
most, only one extra lens, to keep things carryable and compact.

c trentelman
In a message dated 3/2/05 2:29:57 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

> The questions are to prompt discussion. I don't have a second body but
> often
> would like to have two lenses active at the same time. Seems like a luxury
> and really don't know about it's practicality, but keep coming back to
> that
> idea. I have always worked out of a bag, but as I carry my M more, the
> desire
> to be more spontaneous is changing my bag-it mentality. So two bodies, in
> concurrent action, may be a stretch for me right now.
>
> Just curious,
>
> Regards,
> Roger

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Re: two bodies)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Re: two bodies)