Subject: [Leica] Multiple Bodies
From: lambroving at worldnet.att.net (William G. Lamb, III)
Date: Thu Mar 3 14:27:31 2005

Craig,

I'll send you a link off-line. Not much interested in a critique from this
mob.

Have a few friends who have the Tri-Elmar who bought it for travel. One
can't take the distortion at 28mm and another can't take the 50mm
rendition. Several have had problems with both versions dismantling itself.
Maybe you just got a "good one"? :-)

  I'd love to have your 35/1.4 ASPH because I like what it does, but since
35mm is my "normal lens", I prefer not having the v/f frame blocked by the
hood. A 35/2 ASPH with a 12504 hood is just less irritating.

Haven't used B&W since the mid-eighties, so the color from the Leica lenses
is important to me. Clients who see my snaps always ask, "What camera took
THESE?". Never fails.

My "grab and run combo" is the MP .58 with the 35/2 ASPH in a small pouch.
That's definitely a compact rig. Also have a 50/2.8-M current which I could
pop on the M7 if the light were good and I were in a wide-open city like
Paris, but that little lens just does not quite give me the image quality
I'm after lately. These days, I think I'd rather take the M5 with the
50/1.4 ASPH, not too much larger, and it still fits in the inside pocket of
my lightweight Barbour jacket.

Best,

William