Subject: [Leica] Fair enough OT
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Fri Mar 4 14:32:31 2005

Daniel responded:

> If you're mostly interested in NT Greek, there's a cheat-sheet around
> somewhere. Every form is analyzed in case you get stuck. I forget what
> it
> is called. It originated in German but I think there is even an
English
> version out there.

Yes, there is, two volumes, limp green plastic binding....and I can't
find mine....I'm at home right now, and it may be at the office.

However, there is this, which I used for some time:

Complete Handbook of Greek Verbs, Casa Editrice Principato, by Marinone
and Guala, originally published in Italy, reissued by Schoenhof's
foreign Books, Inc., in Cambridge, MA.

I have a fair number of other aids, so if you want to contact me
offlist, I can probably offer some more suggestions.

Daniel also wrote:

> I'd start with John. He tends to repeat himself and it's always nice
> run across words you've seen before.

I concur.  My suggestion would be to start with the Epistles of John.

Also, if you can lay your hands on one of the Loeb Editions of
Plutarch's Essays, after you get a bit of speed up, you might find them
helfpul with reading Paul.

And, Daniel is right:  Read, read, read!  No subsitute for it.

Ken Frazier
Weston, CT USA