Subject: [Leica] Re: Changing face of photoraphy
From: chandos at cox.net (Chandos Michael Brown)
Date: Fri Mar 4 20:26:52 2005

Am I the only one who is uncomfortable with the photography as "sniping"
metaphor?  I don't see making images as a form of violent aggression or
predation, though I have struggled with the latter sufficiently to
rethink my position on the sort of photography I did in the Green Leafe.

I suppose that the fact we are a nation at war and that real snipers are
killing real people (on both sides) as I write this gives me pause when
I think about what I'm doing when I put eye to viewfinder, and the last
thing that I want to equate it with is the extinction of life.

Words matter-and I find this particular way of thinking and talking
about the act of photography exceedingly distasteful.

Small wonder so few women frequent the lug, what with all this
testosteronic posturing.

Chandos

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Re: Changing face of photoraphy)