Subject: [Leica] Multiple Bodies
From: chandos at cox.net (Chandos Michael Brown)
Date: Wed Mar 2 21:15:44 2005

What Tina said.  Digital offers a 'universal' emulsion.  The Zuiko
lenses that I now use on the E1 are equal for my purpose to Leica glass
(with the exception of the Noctilux and 35/1.4 pre-asph which, good or
bad, are in a class by themselves).  I fully appreciate the superlative
quality of Leica M glass, but there just ain't a digital body yet that
will support them in their full glory, and, for better or worse,
digital's where I am.

Two bodies are convenient as the dickens in the film world, but I have
four Ms and would gladly part with all but one of them at this stage.

I'll eventually pick up a second digital body, but for the present I'm
not shooting combat or for pay. If the thing goes down, then I'll curse
bitterly and use film.  If everything goes down, then I'll go home,
listen to T. Monk, and drink heavily.