Subject: [Leica] Filter Info
From: snoza at hal-pc.org (snoza)
Date: Sat Mar 5 10:06:45 2005

Hi all,

A little help in identifying the uses for a filter I just bought? (on a
whim, foolish me)

It is a chrome, e39 circa 1950s. Glass is salmon/ peach color. Outside rim
reads: E. Leitz N.Y.      A

The box it came in is very worn, but is labeled Summicron A.  Scrawled in
pen on the box (long ago) are the words,
"use when shooting outside with type A Kodachrome Professional color-" Also
came with a note in the same hand making reference to copy work...

Looked like an orange filter for pan film at first, but I fear it is not.

Perhaps this is some sort of a balancing filter for tungsten to sun.  Is
there an online list of Leitz filters?

Thanks,
Robert Snoza

Replies: Reply from durling at cox.net (Mike Durling) ([Leica] Filter Info)