Subject: [Leica] Re: how to make conventional photography unconventional
From: drodgers7798 at comcast.net (David Rodgers)
Date: Sun Mar 6 10:11:04 2005

Where's the fun?

I think for the masses film was as easy, or easier than digital. Drop in
film. Shoot. Drop it off at the lab. Get photos. Two years to shoot a
roll....no problem.

Kodak didn't really market film. They marketed memories. I think today
consumer digicams are marketing instant gratification. I wonder how many
images end up as prints, how many are downloaded, and how many end up
only being shown on the camera's LCD.

Instant gratification is what people want today. I just did a study of
that subject in relation to the food industry. Which is more gratifying,
Cocoa Puffs or Quaker Oats? Which is better for you? Check out a
grocer's shelves. It's not just cereal. Of course, instant gratification
has nothing to do with photography. Or does it?

DaveR