Subject: [Leica] RE: was Multiple Bodies, now cropping-phooey!
From: jcb at visualimpressions.com (JCB)
Date: Sun Mar 6 15:20:18 2005

At 01:15 PM 3/6/2005, Tina Manley wrote:

>There have been many well-known photographs that started on film but were
>actually created in the darkroom.
>
>Tina

Yes, like all of Ansel Adams photographs. Straight prints of most of his
negatives were dismal. I've seen many of them! They required a copious
amount of darkroom massaging in order to become a finished print. Moonrise
over Hernandez is a sterling example. One exposure before the whole thing
disappeared. That negative printed as a blah print. It took a Herculean
effort on Ansel's part to "create" the print we all love.

JB

Replies: Reply from masonster at gmail.com (David Mason) ([Leica] RE: was Multiple Bodies, now cropping-phooey!)
Message from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] was Multiple Bodies, now cropping-phooey!)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] was Multiple Bodies, now cropping-phooey!)