Subject: [Leica] was cropping-phooey! now St Ansel
From: bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C)
Date: Sun Mar 6 16:10:03 2005

The problem is that there have been so many calendars of his photography,
that it has become just that; boring.  And I no longer get much of a thrill
when I see his work.    But then I no longer get a thrill when I hear
Beethoven's 5th, I've heard it so often.

When I was a very young high school student, I recall taking out a book
from the library by Ansel Adams (I think it may have been something like
"The making of 40 Photographs", or something like that, but it was many
years ago).   These were the first "serious" photographs I had ever seen,
and they had a huge impact on me, and it cemented my interest in
photography that has lasted ever since  By the way, the one image which
stands out in my memory was the one of a sliced hard boiled egg; not one of
his more famous works, probably, but there you go.  HCB's work later on in
my life had a similar effect, but I'm not sure how I would have felt about
HCB when I was 15.

-dan c.

Message from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] was Multiple Bodies, now cropping-phooey!)