Subject: [Leica] Three Recent Shots
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Mon Mar 7 11:50:26 2005

I could have easily spent a whole day in the Museum, but
unfortunately it had to be a quick stop on my way from the North to
Cambridge.  I don't remember seeing the Bullet Train but the
Hogwart's Express was definitely in the station and looked ready to
go.  Ditto the Mallard.  Everything was polished to a fine sheen and
looked gorgeous.

>They are indeed!
>The UK has a much better relationship to her Industrial Heritage
>than most other countries, although the museums in Munich and Berlin
>are excellent York is in a class of its own.
>Thanks are due to Martyn Hamlyn and his colleagues  - they do a
>wonderful job in York, which is BTW one of the most historical
>cities imaginable.
>Quite a few of the exhibits are "on-tour" most of the year, for
>example the Flying Scotsman. Which, of course, went and developed a
>crack in the fire-box
>when I went to see her at Scarborough last year and was replaced by
>a Stannier "Black 5", which are more or less 2 a penny, for the trip
>I was booked on.

(snip)

--
Regards,