Subject: [Leica] GB's asleep, so here is something
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Wed Mar 9 11:03:26 2005

Sorry Douglas, there are two shires which have a rose. Red won -
Lancashire, white lost, Yorkshire. That is why the monarch is also the
Duke of Lancaster:-)
I was brought up in Lancs and did my apprenticeship in Yorks. Plenty of
opportunities for jokes, but whilst there was much dispute about which
county was best it was generally agreed that all the others were a very
poor third.
Work makes me a southerner now.
Frank