Subject: [Leica] Urgent advice please - mat cutters
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Wed Mar 9 20:06:36 2005

I'll be shopping for a mat cutter in a couple of hours time - to make
mats for my nature prints.  Hopefully hundreds of them as the
weeks/months go by.  Does anyone have experience with mat cutters?
I'll need a DIY home use sort of mat cutter for making up many framing
mats for 5x7, 8x10 and 14x16 (?) size frames.  So the longest edge
would be about 16 inches.  The only bigger size would be 20 x 30, but I
think I'll outsource mats for prints of that size.

The local art shop has brands called Maped, and Logan.  I know nothing
about these - never cut a mat before.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

Your 60 minutes starts now.

Thanks, Rick.