Subject: [Leica] Urgent advice please - mat cutters
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Wed Mar 9 23:09:48 2005

Maped I've never heard of, but I've used Logan stuff for about
fifteen years and see no reason to think about changing.   I tried to
economize and bought one of the little Dexter hand cutters before I
realized that was a bad time to be cheap, and I will GLEEFULLY send
said Dexter POS, for the cost of postage, to anyone I will never
meet.  (I wouldn't wish it on a friend, but I'm too much of a Scot to
throw it away and the world is full of strange people, so SOMEONE
probably likes the things....)

I'm currently using a 301S, the mini model, which came with straight
and bevel cutters, eats anything up to 32", and has always done
exactly what I wanted. Simple, easy to use, and difficult to screw
up.  Perfect for me.

The mat cutter at the framing shop / sales gallery I use works with a
couple of commercial C&H rigs which are also very nice but quite
larger than I want.

--

R. Clayton McKee                               www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                            rcmckee@rcmckee.com