Subject: [Leica] The New Pictorialism
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed Mar 9 22:26:48 2005

Thanks, Bob, I wasn't aware of the Romantic Era heritage although I do
appreciate the association. For me it was the joy of seeing something,
imagining how it could be used, and then finding out I could make it
happen. Of course there's no escaping the images from the early 20th
century - they are an indelible part of western culture - but they are
deep in the background for me because I have so much missing in my own
artistic education. So I suppose i was, in some way, doing what you
suggest, although without knowing the elements to which I was
responding.

In another thread there was a conversation about one of the boons of
digital photography being experimentation. Certainly I found it easier
to experiment when, after I had made the shots, I could look through
the previews and see if I was close to what I had imagined. That's
important to me.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the image. I appreciate it. As
I did all the others.

Adam