Subject: [Leica] selma "bloody sunday" commemoration Xpans
From: simonpj at mac.com (Simon P-J)
Date: Thu Mar 10 14:50:32 2005

Thank you for posting these, Brad. I enjoyed them. On what I have always
believed to be a list which takes a general interest in rangefinder
photography in addition to Leica photography, I'm glad to see examples of
someone trying to make ambitious use of a challenging but interesting
rangefinder format. For me, most of the photos nearly work, but not quite. I
like the fourth one most because it makes good abstract use of the
limitations of the high contrast.

I'm sure many people subscribed to this list have wondered about extending
their rangefinder repertoire to the X-Pan, and like me would be interested
to see someone trying to use it for Leica-style photography rather than yet
another elongated landscape shoreline.