Subject: [Leica] PAW 10 Lee Hermann
From: lkhermann at bresnan.net (lkhermann)
Date: Sat Mar 12 20:48:24 2005

Dear LUG,
        I see that it is time to submit my latest PAW.  Like Don Dory, this
week I
unwrapped a Summilux-ASPH 50mm lens.  I will admit that it may be a sign of
madness.  Lots of bucks for one stop.  I apologize to the film critics, but
gold 200 was at hand and I kinda like it. The first photo was taken on my
bicycle ride along the Shoshone River.  It has been a dry winter in a dry
land and there is not much water in the river, but a little ice on the dam.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Lee-Hermann-album/dam_sitePAW

The second photo was one of the canyon walls, I liked the light on the rock.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Lee-Hermann-album/Canyon_Wall_PAW

I tried the lens wide open, snapping my wife as she sorted some old
photos.  I think that the areas of out of focus are nice.  I tried cropping
the image but did not like it.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Lee-Hermann-album/Jan_sorting_photos

The last one is also to show the Bokeh.  One can appreciate the plane of
focus quite well.  I think that the lens did OK with the colors too.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Lee-Hermann-album/Jan_in_Kitchen_Summilux

Hope some one likes these.  Comments and jeers are fine.  They represent
what you think.
Lee

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] PAW 10 Lee Hermann)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] PAW 10 Lee Hermann)