Subject: [Leica] PAW 10 Lee Hermann
From: lkhermann at bresnan.net (lkhermann)
Date: Sat Mar 12 21:57:48 2005

At 09:17 PM 3/12/2005 -0800, you wrote:
>You spent $2500 on a lens, and saved $2 on film? Imagine what you can do
>with real film!! :-)
>
>It's my current favorite lens, FWIW...

Dear Richard,
         Thanks for looking at the photos or at least commenting.  I think
that people are giving gold 200 a bum rap.  I have seen very large blow ups
of my negatives of aerial photos which held together very well to almost
mural size.  These were used at a public meeting and were far bigger than
any thing I have ever done.  I am certain that the negatives were scanned
to a much higher resolution than any of my PAWs have been.  I also believe
that the gold 200 is certainly a better film than any available to HCB in
the time of his greatest production.  You have to compare it to superXX etc
and not ASA 10 Kodachrome.
Lee

Replies: Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] PAW 10 Lee Hermann)
Message from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] PAW 10 Lee Hermann)