Subject: [Leica] Provenance of R lenses
From: hlritter at mindspring.com (hlritter@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Mar 13 10:37:18 2005

I don't think this is correct. I believe that ALL R lenses are made by Leica
except for a couple of zooms, including my recent-production Vario 35-70
(not in the house at the moment for me to check), which I believe is a
Minolta or Sigma lens or Solms design/Japanese production to Solms standards
with lenses individually vetted by Solms technicians. But not even all
zooms, as my Vario 21-35 ASPH is marked "Lens made in Germany" as is my 50mm
'Lux, and I think all of the other prime lenses are too.

Howard L Ritter, Jr, M.D.