Subject: [Leica] looking at Pentax *istD
From: drodgers7798 at comcast.net (David Rodgers)
Date: Sun Mar 13 12:38:58 2005

Juan,

Viewfinder quality is very important to me. I don't expect a camera --
regardless of how advanced it is electronically -- to see for me! This
day and age some people I think, may. I think most Leica users
appreciate a good eyepiece. Rangefinder viewfinders, and certain Leica
SLR viewfinders, are the best of the best.

Having a real pentaprism is a plus. The Nikon  D100 has a pentaprism.
The popular D70 uses mirrors. All it takes is a glance into the
viewfinders of both  to see there's a difference.

I had coffee with Mark Rabiner yesterday. Knowing I have many old M42
lenses, he told me about the *istD. I knew nothing about the Pentax
previously, but it sure is interesting. Small and I can use those old
Pentax lenses that haven't seen the light of day for years. They are
still great lenses.

Dave.

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] looking at Pentax *istD)
Message from juanbuhler at gmail.com (Juan Buhler) ([Leica] looking at Pentax *istD)