Subject: [Leica] Re: Advice needed on 35mm lens for Leica M
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Mon Mar 14 06:49:33 2005

True...but I think we think of it as pretty rather than as simply the
result of inferior glass because some of the world's great photographers
took many an iconic image with it because it was all that was available
from the likes of Leica. Note that we don't talk about the Kodak glow,
or the Bessa glow...But Leica lenses from the early years were not great
shakes...

Glow, shmoh - No one of you would accept those results from a Nikon or
Canon lens if their life depended on it - if someone presented an image
and said, oh, look at that Canon glo, we'd say - "Glo? That's fookin'
flare!" :-)