Subject: [Leica] looking at Pentax *ist D
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Mon Mar 14 18:13:24 2005

But Mark, unfortunately your arthritis doesn't tell what Leica will do.
Because if it really makes sense, Leica's unlikely to do it. Were that
not true, they would have kept the M5 alive and pushed it with good
marketing, and they would have kept a CL-like camera in the line. But
they didn't have the imagination to do either, and instead deep-sixed
both, and returned to the M3 -uh, sorry, M4, ;-), finally putting a
meter in it again in, what, 1984?