Subject: [Leica] (no subject)
From: sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Mon Mar 14 08:05:13 2005

From: "B D Colen" <bdcolen@MIT.EDU>
>What that
> translates to in English is that the lens is flare prone.

I responded to your statement that glow = flare. Not true.

And that glow = distortion. Not true.

And that glow = softness. Not true.

The Leica look, perhaps a better word than glow, is there in images that are
flare-free, distortion-free and sharp. That was my point.

> And to say that distortion is "virtually imperceptible" means that it is
> perceptible - with the naked eye.

Your meaning, B.D. What I meant was that its distortion is measurable
scientifically and not with the naked eye. But my purpose was to point out
that distortion has nothing whatever to do with "glow"

> And saying that I am on the warpath against Leica because I am criticizing
> lenses manufactured 50 years ago ............

B.D., do you really want regular readers of this list to believe that this
is your only criticism of Leica?

Keep smiling!        ;-)

Seth