Subject: [Leica] Cameraleather.com
From: masonster at gmail.com (David Mason)
Date: Tue Mar 15 12:09:29 2005

Though we are sometimes quick to complain about companies and their
services on the list I feel completely justified to warn people away
from cameraleather.com:

I have a small collection of cheapo rangefinders - canonets and the
like. I ran across cameraleather back around the end of the year and
thought it was just what I needed for my cool little Yashica Electro
35 which had some bad gashes in the pleather.

I ordered a nice looking red leather kit for it and heard nothing for
a month. I wrote an email to the owner, M. Sparks, to see where it was
and was told that he had just finished the kit and I would have it in
a week. Another couple weeks passed with no kit in sight and I wrote
back and this time he backtrackes and told me that he had run out of
that color and forgot to tell me, it would be in within the next week.

By February - nothing, by March - nothing. I have asked him for my
money back but I feel entirely within my rights to pass on this story
to warn others of this so-called service.

Sorry for the negative vibes man,  but please think twice before
dealing with this guy.

Dave

Replies: Reply from mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura) ([Leica] Cameraleather.com)
Reply from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] Cameraleather.com)