Subject: [Leica] testing new toys: help
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue Mar 15 21:28:26 2005

Alastair,

Besides setting the b/w and white points to 0, play with the Gamma
paremeter until your histogram looks right (i.e. no clipping). Do not
rely on the preview image on the screen, use the histogram. The preview
is only for cropping etc. In general, you want a scan that looks
somewhat flat on the screen but has all the information from the
negative/slide. You fix the contrast later, in Photoshop.

Nathan