Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 29, Issue 281
From: smcj35 at yahoo.com (Colin Yastrzebski)
Date: Wed Mar 16 16:01:24 2005

Original Message:
>From: Feli <feli2@earthlink.net>
>Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Advice needed on 35mm
>lens for Leica M
>To: Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>

>On Mar 13, 2005, at 4:36 PM, Colin Yastrzebski
>wrote:
>> To those of you who value sharpness above most
>> other things, the ASPH lenses will be just
fine.
>> But above all else, I use Leica because I want
>> the Leica "look" - the glow, the bokeh, the
>> micro-contrast - and in this focal length,
only
>> the pre-ASPH Summicron does it for me.
>
>So, how did you like the Summilux pre-ASPH?
>
>feli

ROTFL!!!

I see your point ...

Yes, the Summilux pre-ASPH has more than enough
glow - but less sharpness than a Summicron with a
Softar 2 attached.  or is that a pair of Softar
2s?  It would perhaps make a nice portrait lens
(with a 3x tele-converter!).

Anyway, thanks for making me laugh!

Colin